Call for Applications: Artistic-Research-Residency at the Linden-Museum Stuttgart
The Linden-Museum Stuttgart invites applications for an eight-week Artistic Research Residency for an artist interested in working with the museum's collections and exhibitions. The residency will take place at the museum in May and June 2023 and is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
The residency will take place within the framework of the TAKING CARE Project and will be themed "Care in a World We Share with Others/ Caring in a Precarious World". In line with this thematic focus, the resident is encouraged to examine the relationship between ecological crises and resulting precarity, and the challenges faced by multicultural societies and communities struggling for cultural survival. The resident is invited to engage with the museum's collections and exhibition spaces and interact with museum audiences.
What we offer:
- Residency funding of 4.000€
- Honorarium for completed artistic project/research result amounting to 4.000€
- Costs of materials used in the residency project (up to 2.500€ on presentation of
- appropriate receipts)
- Workspace in the museum (but no access to studio spaces or similar facilities)
- Access to the exhibitions, collections and the library of the Linden-Museum
- Assumption of travel and accommodation costs (costs for one return trip to Stuttgart from within the European Union as well accommodation costs in Stuttgart will be covered by the museum)
public presentation of the completed project at the museum (exhibition, performance, presentation, event, etc.)
What we expect:
- Experimental, interdisciplinary artistic-activist engagement with the exhibitions, collections and the thematic focus of the Linden-Museum
- Creation of an artistic work drawing from the residency
- Performance of a lecture/workshop based on the residency project
- The scholarship is linked to a residency obligation of at least 30 days in the months of
- May and June 2023
The applications received will be evaluated by a jury of internal and external experts. The decision of the selection committee is not contestable and will not be justified. All applicants will be informed about the jury’s decision by e-mail by the end of March. We kindly ask you to refrain from further enquiries until then.
- Letter of motivation/project proposal/project outline with a clear connection to the Linden-Museum Stuttgart
- Curriculum Vitae
- Artistic portfolio max. 5mb
A contract will be concluded between the Linden-Museum Stuttgart and the selected resident once the application has been accepted.
Please send applications by 06.03.2023 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions, please contact Christoph Nägele (email@example.com).